- What You Need to Know
- How to Move Crypto from Coinbase Wallet to Coinbase
- Go to your Coinbase Wallet
- Tap on “Receive”
- Tap on the Crypto you want to receive
- Tap “Copy Address”
- Paste the address into the “Send” field on Coinbase
- Enter the amount you want to send
- Tap “Send”
How to Move Crypto from Coinbase Wallet to Coinbase: A step-by-step guide
Checkout this video:
Coinbase is a secure platform that makes it easy to buy, sell, and store cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. Based in the US, Coinbase is available in over 30 countries worldwide.
If you’re new to Coinbase, you can get started by creating an account. Once you have an account, you can add a wallet to store your cryptocurrencies. You can either create a new wallet or import an existing one.
Once you have a wallet set up, you can use Coinbase to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, as well as send and receive them. If you want to move your cryptocurrencies off of Coinbase, you’ll need to transfer them to another wallet. In this article, we’ll show you how to do that.
What You Need to Know
Before you can move crypto from your Coinbase Wallet to Coinbase, you must first link your Coinbase Wallet to your Coinbase account. To do this, open your Coinbase Wallet and tap: Settings -> Exchange Wallet -> Link to Coinbase. You will then be prompted to enter your Coinbase credentials. Once you have entered your credentials, you will be able to move crypto from your Coinbase Wallet to Coinbase.
Moving Crypto from Coinbase Wallet to Coinbase
If you have cryptocurrency in your Coinbase Wallet, you can now move it to your Coinbase account. This means that you can buy, sell, send, and receive cryptocurrencies all in one place. Here’s what you need to know:
-You can only move crypto from your Coinbase Wallet to your Coinbase account. You cannot move crypto from your Coinbase account to your Coinbase Wallet.
-The process is not instantaneous. Moving crypto from your Wallet to your account can take up to 48 hours.
-There is no fee to move crypto from your Wallet to your account. However, if you are moving Ethereum or Litecoin, you will still be required to pay the network transaction fee.
-Once you have moved crypto from your Wallet to your Coinbase account, it cannot be moved back to your Wallet.
To get started, log into your Coinbase account and navigate to the “Accounts” tab. From there, select the “Move” button next to the cryptocurrency that you want to transfer. Enter the amount that you want to move and confirm the transaction. That’s it!
Types of Crypto Wallets
There are broadly two types of Crypto wallets- software and hardware wallets. Software wallets are further classified into mobile, desktop, and web-based wallets. Mobile wallets are the most common type of wallet as they are convenient to use. However, they are also the least secure as they can be easily hacked. Desktop wallets offer more security than mobile wallets as they are not connected to the internet 24/7. Web-based wallets are the least secure of all as they are constantly connected to the internet.
Hardware wallets are offline devices and are the most secure type of wallet. They store your private keys offline on the device and only need to be connected to a computer when you want to make a transaction. Ledger and Trezor are two popular hardware wallet brands.
How to Move Crypto from Coinbase Wallet to Coinbase
If you’re looking to move your crypto from Coinbase to Coinbase Wallet, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll show you how to do it in just a few steps.
Go to your Coinbase Wallet
If you want to move your crypto off of Coinbase, there are a few different ways to do it. You can either send it to another wallet that you own, sell it on the Coinbase platform, or withdraw it to your bank account.
If you want to keep your crypto in a wallet that you control, the first step is to export your private keys from Coinbase Wallet. To do this:
1. Tap “Settings” on the bottom of your screen
2. Tap “Wallets”
3. Select the Wallet that you want to export the private keys from
4. Tap “Backup” in the top right corner
5. Write down the 12 word recovery phrase that appears or select “Copy” to copy it to your clipboard
6. Tap “Confirm Backup”
7. Once you have successfully backed up your Wallet, tap “Close”
8. Now that you have your backup phrase, you can use it to access your Wallet on other devices by going to Settings -> Wallets -> Add Wallet -> I already have a backup and entering in your phrase. Or, if you’re using MetaMask, you can just click “Import with seed phrase” and enter in your 12 words there.
Tap on “Receive”
1.Open the Coinbase Wallet app and tap on the “Receive” tab.
2.Select the wallet you want to receive the crypto in.
3.Enter the amount of crypto you want to receive and tap “Request”.
4.Tap “Copy Address”, then paste it into the sending wallet’s “Send To” field, and send your crypto!
Tap on the Crypto you want to receive
In order to move crypto from your Coinbase Wallet to Coinbase, you will need to:
-Tap on the crypto you want to receive. For this guide, we will be using Bitcoin.
-Tap “Copy Address”, then paste the address into the receiving wallet of your choice. Make sure you copy the entire string of characters, including the `x` at the end.
-Enter the amount of crypto you want to receive and tap “Request”.
Tap “Copy Address”
1. On the “Send” tab, select the cryptocurrency you’d like to send by tapping the coin icon.
2. In the “To:” field, paste the receiving address you’d like to send your crypto to. You can also share your crypto addresses as a QR code by tapping the QR code icon next to the “To:” field.
3. Tap “Copy Address” to copy the receiving address so you can paste it into your withdrawal destination.
4. Enter the amount of cryptocurrency you’d like to send in the “Amount” field. The minimum amount may vary depending on the cryptocurrency you’re sending – please see our minimum amounts here: Supported Cryptocurrencies and Minimums
5. If desired, enter a note about this transaction in the “Message (optional)” field. This is for your own reference and will not be shared with the recipient.
6. When you’re ready to send, tap “Send Now”. Your transaction will be processed and broadcasted shortly!
Paste the address into the “Send” field on Coinbase
1. Navigate to your Coinbase Wallet and select the “Send” button for the cryptocurrency you’d like to move.
2. Paste the address into the “Send” field on Coinbase
3. Enter the amount of cryptocurrency you’d like to move and select “Continue”
4. Review the transaction details and select “Confirm”
5. Your cryptocurrency will now be moved from your Coinbase Wallet to your Coinbase account!
Enter the amount you want to send
1. Enter the amount you want to send.
2. Click “Send.”
3. Confirm the amount and the recipient’s wallet address.
4. Click “Send” again.
From your Coinbase Wallet app, tap on the three lines in the upper left-hand corner and select “Send” from the options.
Then, enter in the amount of cryptocurrency you wish to transfer, the wallet address you’re sending it to, and include any notes for the transaction.
Finally, review your transaction details and tap “Send” to complete the process!
This concludes our guide on how to move crypto from Coinbase Wallet to Coinbase. We hope this article was helpful in teaching you how to do this. As always, feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any further questions.